Jan 22 2009
Those of you who are not presently reading the brilliantly-named webcomic “Vampirates” might do well to examine the most recent page and consider the gaping hole that would be left in your life had you not seen it.
Though the page is spoilery. If you want to know why you should read the comic without resorting to spoilers:
1) The vampirates are Canadian and are taking a boat to Saskatchewan (landlocked).
2) Apparently what Canadian vampire pirates do is, they lobby for health care reform. I know! I didn’t think it would top their list, but apparently yes.
3) It is very pretty with a good sense of flow in panel design. (Well, the people are very pretty – it’s not much for backgrounds, unfortunately.)
4) It is sort of BL, but has excellent female characters, one of whom is the Obligatory Person Who Keeps Saying, “Don’t Worry, I’ll Protect You.”
5) If none of that did it for you, go ahead and click on the link up there.
6) It’s called Vampirates.
(Though I warn you now that if you get into it, its iffy update schedule will break your heart over and over.)