4 cups water
2 tsp instant hon dashi powder
4 tbsp miso (red/akadashi)
3 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp minced/ground/powdered ginger
2 slices bacon, sliced up into squares
2-6 packets instant ramen (depending on how much broth you feel like using with each block of noodles)
1) Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. When it gets there, put in the hon dashi and bring temperature down to medium. Add miso and let simmer.
2) While waiting for the water to boil, heat olive oil to medium in a frying pan. Add garlic, ginger, and chili powder. Sautee until garlic is slightly brown.
3) Pour contents of frying pan into miso soup. Add bacon. Let simmer until bacon is cooked.
4) Make some ramen. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT USE THE FLAVOR PACKET. Drain ramen in colander.
5) Slice up the scallion thin.
6) Put some ramen noodles and however much broth you want in a big bowl. Top with scallion slices.
7) You can refrigerate any broth you don’t use for use later.